Diploma and Certificate programs offered through FL are internationally accredited and recognized.
Each Faculty has a Head of Department who is responsible to oversee programs offered in Flexible Learning (FL) through the Flexible Learning Centre (FLC). You should refer to the Faculty web site for further details. Please note that students who are interested in doing doctoral studies, such as the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program, should go to the Research web site for details.
The process for undertaking studies in flexible learning is as follows.
- In collaboration with faculties, the Flexible Learning Centre (FLC) advertises programs offered in flexible learning.
- Intending students submit an application to the Assistant to the Registrar, FLC.
- The applications are forwarded to the relevant faculty for screening.
- Letters are sent to inform students whether or not they are accepted and details of residential dates and due dates for fees to be paid.
- Students notify FLC of their acceptance and submit a copy of the receipt of fee payment into the nominated bank account.
- The Assistant to the Registrar enrolls the students under the relevant faculty and class lists are generated.
- Prior to a residential program, arrangements are made for teaching and learning resources, accommodation, lecture room allocation and all other logistics.
- Classes take place during residential programs and students receive instruction and materials necessary to complete assessment tasks.
- Marked assignments are returned to students, results are recorded and students receive a transcript at the end of each semester. To progress to a following semester, all assessment tasks must be successfully completed with no outstanding fees.
When all semesters are completed, graduation lists are prepared for approval by the University Council and students graduate with the award for the program they have completed.