The Library online catalogue contains bibliographic information for all available items whether in print or electronic.
Training sessions on the use of the library, its online catalogue and the use of full text databases are provided throughout the year as required. Other services include printing, photocopying and disk burning facilities.The Friendship library primary clientele is students and staff of Divine Word University. Members of the public can join the library as External Borrowers. Application forms are available from the Information desk. Conditions apply.
Main Collection objectives are:
• To maintain a collection that reflects and supports all subject areas included in the Teaching and Research programs of Divine Word University
• To facilitate the access to electronic resources, full text databases and electronic books and journals.
• To ensure that the Library Catalogue records contained in the library system database are maintained to a high level of accuracy and consistency.
• To encourage and support university researchers to become self-sufficient in their information seeking needs.
• To instill and encourage undergraduate students in developing information seeking skills and encourage their life-long learning habits.
• To ensure as far as possible access to information from other institutions when required.
Friendship Library Collection
This is the main collection of books, DVDs, CDs, at the ground floor, shelved according to the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) System. These resources are allowed for borrowing.
Books on the Back stack collection are shelved in the Technical room and made available on request. These books can be loaned at any time by following normal lending procedures
Reference collections are books shelved at the Ground floor and are restricted for borrowing. These books include dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanac, atlases, charts, fact books, thesaurus, Guide books, manuals, yearbooks, and more.
Noser Library Collections
Noser Library contains various collections including Archives, books, newspapers, maps, artifacts and journals.
Closed Reserve Collections
Limited copies of high demand books, DVDs, CDs and course reserved books are shelved in this collection and restricted to a short loan period of two hours only or on overnight loan.