Tel: (675) 4222937 Ext: 733
Fax: (675) 422 1870
Location: FMHS Building/ Rm 18
- Drug abuse
- Lifestyle disease
I am Tobias from Jiwaka, a qualified registered nursing educator and currently as a senior tutor/Lecturer with DWU Faculty of Medicine and Health – Rural Health.
Worked in various location as a general nurse practitioner, as an OIC of Health Center, as Community Health workers’ trainer/tutor, as a Diploma general nursing senior tutor and currently as a senior tutor/Lecturer designated at Divine Word University.
I obtained Health Promotion Degree in New Zealand and Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching and Learning at DWU that has helped me with clear understanding to put up information together to develop a Health Promotion Unit to incorporate into the Program Specific Document (PSD) for teaching. Since I was employed here at DWU I started teaching the following units; HE 225 Pathology and Pathophysiology for RH year 2, HE 121 Introduction to Human Biology for year 1, HE 131 Anatomy and Physiology 1 combine class for year 1 Rural Health and year 2 Environmental health, HE 234 Health Promotion as combine class for Rural Health year 2 and Rehabilitation Science year 3 and finally HE 332 Community and Family Heath Practice for Rural Health year 3.
Apart from lectures and tutorials I do practical supervision of Rural Health students to various urban clinics for year 1,2 every Mondays beginning 2014 to 2017 and currently 2018 every Mondays and Thursdays.
- HE 234 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- HE 131 Anatomy and Physiology
- HE 332 Community and Family Health Practice
Senior Tutor/Lecturer – Department of Rural Health
- Full time staff.
- February 2014 to current 2018 - Senior tutor/Lecturer DWU.
- February 2003 to 2013: Senior tutor/Lecturer Madang Lutheran School of Nursing.
- February 1997- 2002: Deputy Principal Braun CHW training school ,Finschafen , Morobe & Gaubin CHW training school Karkar Island, Madang.
- January 1990- 2001: OIC Tapen Health center, Raicoast District Madang.
- January 1995 – 2000: Nursing officer, In charge of O & G ward Yagaum Rural Hospital Madang.
- February 1993 – 1994: Nursing officer OIC Karamui Health Centre, Karamui/Nomane- Simbu
- June 1990 to 1992 – General nurse practitioner, Kotna Health Centre, Mt Hagen, WHP
PNG Nursing Council
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching and Learning- Divine Word University
- Bachelor of Health Science in Health Promotion – Auckland, New Zealand
- Diploma in Health Teaching – University of Goroka
- Post Basic Certificate in Midwifery – Health Science Faculty, UPNG
- Introduction to Nursing Management course – Health Science Faculty, UPNG
- Registered General Nursing – Lutheran School of Nursing, Mada
AWARDS & HONORS
- Catholic health services Madang for students’ practical
- Lutheran Health Service Madang for students’ practical
- EBC Health Service Madang for students’ practical
- Madang District Health service for students’ practical
- James Cook University for PSD development