- Highest honor bestowed upon alumni by DWU
- Recognizing outstanding accomplishments by alumni in three categories
- Personal Achievement in career or professional growth - Attain prominence in chosen career
- Service to Society - Display integrity and demonstrate commitment to service to society through an interest in bettering the lives of others through volunteer efforts
- Service to Alma Mater (University)- Nominee’s deeds reflect pride in Alma Mater and show loyalty to DWU upbringing through support and interest of the University
Awarded So Far
Chief Superintendent Anthony Wagambie Jnr
Acknowledgement of effective, inspiring leadership and accomplishments and the selfless and outstanding service to our Alma Mater and society.
Mr. Wagambie Jr was recognized for putting in place proactive measures to engage with the public and improve policing and crime prevention in Lae, the second biggest city of Papua New Guinea.
Mr. Wagambie Jr was recognized for:
- establishing and managing an effective crime management system through a toll free phone number and free SMS which enables the public of Lae to send in text, photographs and videos of incidents of crimes that enables the police to respond; and
- establishing a Sector Response Unity (SRU), whereby police officers patrol within hotspot sectors, which has led to significant reduction in crime in crime hotspot in Lae City.
Maku Gifts and Lava Girl Owner, Miss Annette Sete
Miss Annette Sete, a 2004 Bachelor in Communication Arts (Journalism) graduate.
- Awarded for her outstanding career achievements and service to society.
- She was considered to have attained extraordinary distinction as a female entrepreneur through her PNG themed handmade jewelry through her business Maku Gifts and her fabric designs and clothing pieces under the clothing label of Lava Girl.
- Mr. Andrew Mclymbee Tipi Peke held a Diploma in Human Resource Management offered in flexible learning mode by the Department of Finance and Management of the Faculty of Business and Informatics.
- Recognized for outstanding fight against corrupt practices in the Alesco Payroll Management System, in the Southern Highlands Provincial Administration
- Mr. John Taka, a 2011 Bachelor of Business (Accounting) graduate
- Awarded For his selfless work in starting up a rural community self-help group called “Seeds of Hope” to help people become self - reliant in his rural Mul District of the Western Highlands Province