Raunu Gebo Sarsoruo holds a degree in Bachelors in Mathematics and Computing Science and Masters Degree in Mathematical Methods for Computer Science. She is passionate about Mathematics and its applications, specifically in modelling a real world problem, data analysis, cryptography and cybersecurity. She has a special interest for developing secured and strong security for Internet of Things(IoT) as new technologies become available for usage and connecting more people to the internet every day. Hence, she is currently making time to develop digital skills involved in mobile programming covering both android and iOS applications, software development, database oriented websites, full stack development and cloud deployment. For this reason,she is always looking out for community engagement programs and activities that are technologically oriented where she can practically apply those skills purposely for development
Lecturer, Department o Mathematics and Computer Science
- 2019-Present - Lecturer at Mathematics and Computing Science Department of Divine Word University
- 2015 - Senior Tutor II at Mathematics and Computing Science Department of Divine Word University
- 2014 - Teaching Fellow at Mathematics and Computing Science Department of Divine Word University
- Master’s Degree in Mathematical Methods for Computing Science
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computing Science
AWARDS & HONORS
- Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship for 3 years Master’s Degree Program in Poland.
- “Attacks on the Discrete Logarithm Problem” during the 2nd Faculty of Business and Informatics Symposium, December 11th, 2020. Divine Word University
- “Differentiability in normed spaces: A new approach” Faculty of Business and Informatics 2nd Conference, December 11th, 2020. Divine Word University.
- “Human Development Index: PNG progress and a mathematical explanation”, in 4th Mathematics International Conference , Unuversity of Goroka -Goroka, December 2014
- “Western Pacific Guesthouse E-Booking System”, Department of Mathematics and Computing Science 2nd Mini Conference, Divine Word University, Sir Peter Barter Auditorium, 04th of October 2013.
- Yaguro M, Gebo Sarsoruo R, (2021) “Human Development Index: PNG progress optimization model”. DWU, E-Journal of Informatics, Volume 4, pp.39-49, 2021.
- Gebo.R.(2019) “Human Index Development-PNG progress and a mathematical explanation”. DWU: E-Journal of Informatics, Volume 1, pp.90-105.
- Sarsoruo, C, Gebo, R, Anderson, P (2019). Simulating a Lognormal Distribution: A Monte Carlo method. DWU: E- Journal of Informatics vol. 1, pp.73-89
- Gebo Sarsoruo, R, (2020) “Differentiability in normed spaces: A new approach”. DWU, E-Journal of Informatics, Volume 3, pp.51-71, 2020
In partnership with Cyber Bytes Foundation for delivering Cyber Education Curriculum in the Indo-Pacific Region