I come from Rempi village, Madang. Married to Lilian from Bagilina village, Misima, Milne Bay Province. We have six children. I am a Roman Catholic.
- Community Reporting 1 and 2
- Layout & Design
- PNG National Elections
- China in the Pacific
Senior Lecturer, Department of Communication Arts
- 1985 - Joined Word Publishing Company as a reporter with Wantok and The Times of PNG Newspapers then appointed chief sub-editor with the The Times of PNG.
- 1989 - Joined Post-Courier as a sub-editor
- 1996 - 2000 Appointed Supplements Editor, then founded and edited PNG Magazine for Post-Courier
- Joined Communication Arts department at DWU as a teaching fellow and in 2004 – 2005, completed a Masters in Journalism Studies at Cardiff University in Wales. Has been teaching with the Communication Arts department since.
- Masters in Journalism Studies
AWARDS & HONORS
- Chairperson – DWU Website Management (2018)
- Chairperson – Innovative eLearning and eTeaching Committee (2015-17)
- Moodle Administrator (2008-17)
- Achieved full unconditional scholarship from University of Portsmouth for Systematic Review Program
- Education representative to strengthen rehabilitation in the Pacific – Pacific Disability Forum
- Advisor – PNG Physiotherapy Association
- Acquired € 330,000 from Cordaid for infrastructure development of the department
- Acquired PGK 500,000 from CBM for infrastructure development of the department
- Matbob, P. (2018). Effects of Social Media. Powerpoint presentation at the Madang Archdiocese Catholic Youth Convention, Madang Archdiocese cathedral, June 27 – July 1.
- Matbob, P, & Gessler, S. (2017). National Elections 2017: Madang Provincial and Open Electorates. Powerpoint presentation at 2017 PNG National Elections Debriefing in Port Moresby, August 21-22.
- Matbob, P., & Gesch, P. (2015). The Pacific Marine Industrial Zone and the village: Strategies to convert resource boom into development. Paper presented at 2015 PNG Update, University of Papua New Guinea, Port Moresby, June 18-19.
- Matbob, P. (2015). China and the Pacific: The view from Oceania. Paper presented at conference organized by the National University of Samoa, Apia, Samoa, February 25-27.
Sagrista, M., & Matbob, P. (2016). The digital divide in Papua New Guinea: Implications for journalism students. Pacific Journalism Review, 22(2), 20-34.
- Matbob, P., & Gesch, P. (2016). The Pacific Marine Industrial Zone and the village: Strategies to convert resource boom into development. Contemporary PNG Studies DWU Research Journal, 24, 71-85
- Matbob, P. (2016). Foreign Investments and Local Expectations: PNG’s Experience with China. In M. Powles (Ed.), China and the Pacific: The view from Oceania (pp. 235-243). Wellington, New Zealand.
- Matbob, P. (2014). ‘We are not anti-Asians, just victims of poor governance': A media perspective. In P. D’Arcy, P. Matbob & L. Crowl (Eds.), Pacific Asia investment in resource development (pp. 51-79). Canberra: ANU.
D’Arcy P., Matbob, P. & Crowl, L. (Eds). (2014). Pacific Asia partnerships in resource development. Canberra: ANU.
- Collaborating with other researchers under the leadership of Associate Professor Nicole Haley of Australia National University to monitor Parliamentary elections in PNG since 2007.
- Collaborating with other researchers in Australia and in the region on the study of China in the Oceania region.
- Country Representative of Asia Media Information and Communication (AMIC) organization
- Vice President of Madang Lions Club