Tel: (675) 9828429 Mobile: (675) 71661562
Fax: (675) 982 8308
Location: St Mary's School of Nursing (SMSoN), DWU RABAUL CAMPUS
I am a qualified and registered nursing officer, Pediatric nurse and Nurse educator with nursing Council of PNG. I worked as a registered nurse in the Health Services of the Archdiocese of Rabaul for ten (10) years both in East and West New Britain Provinces.
Then, I got employed with the nursing College as a full time tutor in 1985 after obtaining my post graduate certificate in Pediatric nursing in 1984. In 1990, I was selected to do a year Post graduate in Port Moresby, College of Allied Health Science and graduating in December, with a Diploma in Nursing Education. From 1991 until 2014, I was the Principal of the nursing training College. During my time with the institution, I have been engaged with many changes that have taken place in nursing training in PNG. With all the other nursing institutions together, we wrote curriculums for both the undergraduate and post graduate nursing. Changing from the Certificate to a Diploma in Nursing in the late 1990s to 2000. I was also a member of the Education Committee for the nursing Council of PNG from 1995 until 2005.
From 2000 to 2002, I did the Flexible Learning studies with Monash University and graduated with a Bachelor of Nursing. Then in 2006, I got an Australian scholarship and studied full time eighteen months and completed Master of Nursing at Monash University, Melbourne Peninsula Campus in July 2007. After my return from study, I continued to be the Principal of the institution until 2014. I was also involved with affiliation and amalgamation process for the institution to Divine Word University and In 2015, St. Mary’s School of Nursing and OLSH Kabaleo Teachers College became amalgamated with DWU. My position was changed to Head of Department up till now 2018. I represent the institution on other Boards such as; Archdiocesan Health Board, Hospital Board, Christian Health services Board, National Catholic Health Board of the Bishops Conference. Moreover, I am currently, the chairperson of the Callan Services Board for East New Britain.
- Sociology & Culture (currently)
- Over the years, I have taught almost all the nursing units in the Nursing Curriculum.
Campus Administrator - St. Mary’s School of Nursing, Vunapope – Rabaul Campus.
Head of Nursing Department, Senior Lecturer
2015 - 2018: Head of Nursing Department, DWU SMSON Rabaul Campus, ENBP
1991- 2014: Principal of St. Mary’s School of Nursing, also teaching both post graduate and undergraduate nursing courses, ENBP
1985 -1989: Full time teaching, St. Mary’s school of Nursing, Vunapope, ENBP
1982-1983: Lecturing Nurse Aide Trainees- St. Mary’s school of Nursing, Vunapope, ENBP
1980 - 1981: Officer In Charge – Pediatric Department, St. Mary’s Hospital Vunapope ENBP
1978 -1979: Lecturing Nurse Aide Trainees – St. Mary’s school of Nursing, ENBP
1976-1977: Nursing Sister In charge, Medical Department-St Mary's Vunapope, ENBP
1975: Nursing- Rural experience – Bali Unea - WNBP
1974: Nursing - Medical Ward - St. Mary’s Hospital Vunapope, ENBP
- Registered Member – Nursing in PNG and Nursing Council
- Registered Pediatric Nursing
- Registered Nurse Educator Nursing council of PNG
- Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing
- Certificate in General Nursing
- Education Post Registration
- Certificate in Basic Training skills
- Certificate in Introductory Management
- Certificate short course in Strategic Planning
AWARDS & HONORS
I was awarded the British Empire Medal, Civil Division (BEM) on the 23rd of October 2003, during the Queen’s Birthday Honours & Awards list, for the recognition of my years of service to Health & Nursing Education.
- In 2016- Small presentation to AUSAID Scholarship in Port Moresby on St. Mary’s school of Nursing and its infrastructure development and signing of agreements with other stakeholders for clinical training for student trainees.
- Otherwise, last year I attended the nursing symposium but did not do any presentation. Over the years, I have also attended conferences such as; PNG Christian Health Services conference once a year, Schools of Nursing conference once a year, NGI Health Services Conference once a year and the Catholic Health Services Conference once a year. We present small reports, the budget and the income and expenditure of the institutions.
- Diploma of Nursing & Bachelor of Midwifery